Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Well, Sometime's I'm Wrong

So...You know how I said that as a team we had nowhere to go but up? A better lie would have been telling you that I am taller than Shaq. We lost last night to Tel Aviv 16-1. Do you have any idea how hard it is to lose that bad? More people have climbed Everest than have lost by a score that lopsided. The box score said we committed only seven errors, but I counted at least ten. It was one of the more embarrassing games that I have ever been a part of. That being said, coach gave me the day off, which was nice because now technically I can erase the game from my personal memory bank. In all seriousness, we win and lose as a team. We just need something to jump-start us. Whether it be a couple hit batters, a grand slam, or even a team brawl...where no one gets hurt of course, just some nice Jewish verbal sparring. Something to light a fire under us as a team. Either that, or one guy needs to step up and put the onus on him to become our "clutch" player. So far, every other team has established someone like that but us. I should be back in the lineup tonight and would love to take on that role...we will see.
Tomorrow is July 4th and our team has the day off. Apparently the Israeli immigrants from America like to celebrate the holiday just as they did before they made Aliyah, besides the BBQ hot dogs of course. I think some of us are going to go to Tel Aviv to see what *limited* fun we can have. I'll let you know how that goes. In the meantime, keep the Ra'anana Express in your prayers as we are still looking to get our first real W.

2 comments:

Randy said...

Jess,
If it's any consolation, the '62 Mets went 40-122. Seven years later they won the world series. Enjoy the experience for what it is (a once in a lifetime). Keep havin fun. Love ya, Dad.

Anonymous said...

Jesse,
I'm enjoying reading your blogs -- especially when I'm bored at work! Don't worry about the losses -- your time will come! Enjoy Israel and keep filling us in. I'll keep reading.
Love, Mar