Thursday, July 26, 2007

All-Star Break

It's Thursday night here, which means only one thing. We have an early game tomorrow because of Shabbat. Although, this week is unlike any other week. Sunday is the All-Star game, and surprisingly, me and my .195 batting average were not invited to participate. In response to this all-star snub, some friends and I have decided to skip town and go to Eilat for the weekend...along with the rest of the so-called "snubs." For those of you who haven't looked at a map of the Middle East lately, Eilat is at the southern tip of Israel. We are leaving tomorrow immediately following our game with the first place Blue Sox. It should be a nice, relaxing weekend on the shores of the Red Sea. I think we might even make a visit to Petra (in Jordan) and possibly Egypt. Don't worry mom, I'll make sure I can get back to Israel before I attempt at crossing any borders.

The Express pulled out a win today against Petach Tikvah 13-3. In what I would call a slopfest, the game was out of hand by the fourth inning. Max Vasquez of Columbia threw five quality innings for the team from Ra'anana. After losing three in a row, it definitely felt nice to win again. Our Dominican catcher is hotter than the devil in hell right now and adding to his home run total at a wicked pace. Another one today puts him at 8 for the year, and with no sign of slowing up, we are optimistic for a strong second half.

Since I will be out of town this weekend, my next post won't be until Monday. Be sure to read that one though as I will give you a detailed version of my weekend at the Israel border and document tomorrow's game.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know me soooooooo well. I will try not to worry...Please be careful on your excursion...Have fun and relax. You deserve it! Cant' wait to hear all about it. Love and miss you very much, MOM

Anonymous said...

You would have a much higher batting average if the field was round I bet.

Anonymous said...

Eilat is lovely. Enjoy your break.
Glenn